The online search engine, Yahoo!, yesterday tried to apply new pressure on Microsoft to raise its hostile takeover offer, after outlining a rosy outlook for the next two years. Yahoo! shared its internal revenue projections with shareholders and claimed that, according to numbers drawn up in December, the board expects sales to rise by more than 70% over the next three years. That would see total sales of $8.8 billion (£4.4 billion) by 2010.
At the beginning of February, Microsoft made an offer to the Yahoo! board outlining its proposals for $31 (£15.5) a share, payable in cash and shares. At the time, the deal valued Yahoo! at $44 billion (£22 billion) – a 61% premium to the Yahoo! share price the day before the approach was made public. (source: Timesonline)
1. Never give up! Do not settle for remaining in your comfort zone. Remaining complacent is a good way to get nowhere.
3. Be focused! Ask yourself: What should I be thinking about right now? Shut out interference. In this age of multitasking, this is a valuable technique to acquire.
4. Keep your momentum! Listen, apply and move forward. Do not procrastinate.
5. See yourself as victorious! That will focus you in the right direction.
6. Be tenacious! Being stubborn can work wonders.
7. Be lucky! The old saying, "The harder I work, the luckier I get" is absolutely right on.
8. Believe in yourself! If you don't, no one else will either. Think of yourself as a one-man or one-woman army.
9. Ask yourself: What am I pretending not to see? There may be some great opportunities right around you, even if things aren't looking so great. Great adversity can turn into great victory.
10. Look at the solution, not the problem. And never give up! Never never never give up. This thought deserves to be said (and remembered and applied) many times. It's that important.